Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our sweet Nannie






First meeting with her Great Great Nannie









This morning our sweet Nannie passed away surrounded by people she loved and that loved her. It's so crazy how fast time flies....I can remember times as a kid going over to Nannie and Grandpa's house digging in the dirt while my Grandpa Gregory worked in his garden. And how we'd come inside and she always had Nestle's Quick and would make the best glass of chocolate milk and would serve it with an orange. How we'd build domino towers while Grandpa Gregory played "Old Time Religion" on his guitar in his rocking chair...and when he was done he would come over and knock over my tower- I can still hear Nannie's voice yelling at him saying "OH TONY!" I still remember how cool I thought it was that they had a "squishy" toilet seat : ) And what's even crazier is I can still remember changing the channels on their television and it was one of those turning knob things that clicked everytime you changed the channel (that's right no remotes!)


Wow....how so often we get caught up with stress and other everyday life troubles and forget how precious life is. We only have one life...so we better live like we mean it. Today I was looking at pics of Nannie and Mckenna crawled in my lap and said that Nannie was very old and that she was going to go be with Jesus. I told her that Nannie went to be with Jesus already and that we weren't going to see her again till we got to heaven. She told me that Nannie was happy and that she was in the clouds and that she was flipping and wasn't going to fall down....she said "see mom like that", and pointed to a picture of me doing cheerleading with the clouds in the background.

















It's funny how innocent Mckenna is and how she's just so peaceful and reassuring....it's nice to see that through the eyes of a child. Mckenna was so lucky to have been able to meet her Great, Great Grandmother...her Nannie....how many of us have a picture of our great great grandmother feeding us a bottle? We were so blessed to have her for so many years....and heaven is blessed to have a new angel.
























0 comments: