Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas came fast!








Wow, I can't believe christmas is already around the corner! I am really excited this year b/c it is Mckenna's first year that she actually knows what is going on! She keeps saying santa is bringing her a pony, a kitchen, and a baby doll. We got the pony and the kitchen covered so far (the pony is fake, but huge and really neighs!!).








We took her to see santa and she cut in front of all the kids in the line and ran up to him, we had to grab her and put her back in line. All the parents were laughing saying "we'll trade you pictures" b/c their kids were crying. : ) Last night we took her to see the ice sculptures at the hotel. She looked like a little ET running around everywhere. It was pretty adorable!! She loved all the sculptures, but it got really really cold!






We've just been lounging in our pj's today watching cartoons. She was watching a little show this morning and the pig Hamilton was baking cookies and she said "look mom Hamilton cooks cookies just like my Nana!" So cute : ) I love how she is communicating so well now. It's getting harder and easier all that the same time. Harder b/c she is running around and arguing and not listening, but easier, because at least I know she understands.






Last week I threw her a christmas party and hired a santa to come surprise all the kids. She had a blast. They decorated cookies and opened presents. They danced to christmas music and all played really well. The santa was awesome, he read them books and really looked just like santa! I want to try and make it a tradition of having a little party for her every year and Tracey suggested as they get older they can start doing volunteer stuff, like toy drives, or visiting children in the hospital. I thought that was a great idea!






She is still crying when we leave her at church, but she begs all week to go, so it is a little weird. The week before she was really upset all week b/c there is a puppet in the children's section and she wanted to see her so bad, but when we got there she wasn't there this week, she was crying and we had to tell her the puppet was sick. I swear, like 5 days later she was talking about how the puppet was so sick and she was sad for her. Last week she said that she learned that Jesus was a baby. She really has a good time learning about Jesus and the Bible...as she says. She comes home with little pictures which slowly are starting to decorate our whole refridgerator! I love it!






She is still calling Santa "Christmas"....She'll say "I got to see Christmas today"....lol. She has been singing Santa Claus is coming to town a lot lately too! Can't wait till christmas morning. I will definetly be charging the video recorder.









0 comments: