Thursday, December 11, 2008

Time sure flies....

I wanted to start a blog so that I can keep everyone updated on Mckenna. It's so crazy how time flies. It's easy to tell people "oh we went to the mall today"....but it seems unfair that family and friends miss out on the beautiful things she does or says that make my whole world what it is today. I don't want to forget these precious days spent with the most wonderful miracle God has ever given me. So this is what inspired me to keep up with a blog : )

Today I woke up to Mckenna reading me "Panda Bear Panda Bear". She was reading me the whole entire book...word for word...from "water buffalo" to "wooping crane" to "macaroni penguin". Well I guess I couldn't call it reading, but she has the whole thing memorized.

I took her to the mall to do some christmas shopping. She was really good. Then she informed me that she had pooped her pants. Potty training....I swear we have every single book and video. I even resorted to buying potty training for dummies. She has her times when she will go, but then she just decides that she doesn't want to and won't do it for a while. Anyways, she was upset and telling me that she was going to get a "red rash" (we tell her to stop pooping her pants or this will happen). No idea why, but her poop was bright green. For the rest of the day she informed everyone that she had christmas poop. lol.

We went by sweet and sassy and she begged for a haircut. She really didn't need it, but she was so persistant on a hair cut so she got one. Of course everyone commented on how beautiful she was and they dolled her up with glitter and perfume...it was cute. She got a new christmas necklace and said she looked like dad now (whatever that means).

After lots of shopping we spent the rest of the night and watching Horton Hears a Who. She also kept asking for sushi for dinner. I told her we couldn't go get sushi so she opted for a bean burrito (I swear I don't always feed her everything she wants). Then she made me read her five books. She kept saying "Just ONE more..." I finally had to tell her that it was night night time. She told me "No mommy it's good morning time". : ) We've been making sure to say her prayers every night. She's getting really good at it too. We say the "Now I lay me down to sleep" prayer and then go into a long list of "God Bless..." which is always members of her family and then a few random things she likes to add, like God Bless my fish tank, my wall, the door....it's really cute. Then she ends her prayer by saying "I love you Jesus with all my heart" and her favorite part, AMEN!!! I asked her if she knew why we celebrated christmas and she told me "It's not my party mommy, it's Jesus party".

0 comments: