Thursday, May 17, 2012

No time for updates...until now!

So much has happened since my last post, I knew I was getting a little behind on my updates (super sorry to my mother-in-law!)...but I have literally had no time to myself. Work has really picked up. I work a little more than I would like, but in medical sales industry, you either work everything you can, or not at all. Last week I spent everyday working and juggling Mckenna's school and acting. I think Mckenna sensed I was a tiny bit stressed and she let me borrow her "worry dolls" that her Papa and Lollie gave her. They are little dolls you whisper your worries to, then you put them under your pillow and you have sweet dreams.

Kenna's "worry" dolls

We were laying in bed together and she got them out and said "here mom, I think you might need some of these"...haha! 

One of the big accomplishments of last week was Mckenna booking her first National/SAG commercial. She auditioned and then had a call back in Austin. A call back is a second audition where they narrow down their favorites from the first audition. The call back was in Austin and it just so happened to fall on my one day off (thank you Jesus!)...but it also fell on the same day as Mckenna's Kindergarten graduation ceremony. That was tough. I sat Mckenna down and explained to her that she would have to make a decision to attend the call back or graduation. She did enie meanie miny mo and then said she wanted to go to the call back. That was tough because I had to also explain that just because she went to the call back, it did not guarantee that she would get the job. She said she understood and we headed out to Austin. My mom took the day off and was able to travel with us and it was a fun little getaway. After the callback we were able to meet up with one of her favorite director's Ebit. She casted Mckenna in the Lucky Penny. We ate at a yummy pizza place, had icecream and even checked out the huge local Austin toy store.


Ready for the trip...she brought "Mr Pippo" for goodluck. He's the sock monkey that was in the film Lucky Penny that she shot in Austin back in October.


Ready for her audition : )


After at the toy store...she LOVED that little (or should I say BIG) toy...but he was $119.00! I was wishing Papa was with us...cause he never says no. lol... but she had a blast playing and bouncing around the store on it


Mckenna and Ebit at the pizza place : )


Zonked out on the way home with Mr Pippo! She was so tired!

The next day we got the call that she booked the job. Phew! I can't say what a relief it was. I was still feeling sad that she had missed graduation, because she had been practicing songs and lines for the past few months. She was SO excited. I had to work on Saturday morning because one of my doctors was on call. Sunday was mother's day and I had a wonderful one!

Ross asked what I wanted for breakfast and if I wanted him to cook for me or go get IHOP. I asked if he could go get me whataburger taquitos : ) I hadn't had those in so long...I remember the days when we would get off work from the bar and go get taquitos at 3 in the morning. They just sounded yummy to me!


My yummy Mother's day breakfast!

We went to church and Ross came with us! That was a wonderful present! Although I did look over during service to see he had his phone in his lap. I couldn't figure out what he was doing, but then I realized he had practice questions and was studying during the sermon : ) lol! Whatever works, I was just happy to have him there! We went and had lunch at Gloria's, one of our favorite Mexican resteraunts.


My loves on Mother's Day : )


Mckenna on Mother's day

I need to take some pictures of my mother's day presents, but they gave me sweet cards, a gift card to the spa and my favorite, Mckenna's art work! And of course, I wouldn't be a mommy without her, so I gave her a couple of presents too : )


Gave her an angel wing necklace : ) It reminded me of her when I saw it

We headed to Austin on Monday for her fitting! It was just me and Kenna this time and she watched the Nightmare before Christmas 2 times on the way there. Then she informed me that she was in love with Tim Burton and she thought she was going to marry him. I told her that he was an old man...she said, "Hmmm...well maybe we can just be friends then"


HELLO AUSTIN : )

After her fitting she decided that we should go explore the town and eat at the pizza place again, go have icecream and go see the toy store!....so that's what we did!


At the pizza place...I was loving the hat. Mckenna actually picked it out at a thrift shop! I orginally told her no, but I'm so glad we ended up getting it. She kept saying that she looked like a painter


Our favorite icecream was "mexican vanilla" mmmm...it was SO good!


This was obviously after the toy store. Because I said no to the huge bouncy guy on our last trip, I said yes to a tiny one on this trip : ) He was really cute! She is holding the virgin Mary tattoo, that she got on the first try. Funny story, last time we were at that icecream place she blew through ten quarters trying to get that tatoo. I don't know what her obsession was on having that mary tatoo, but she never did get it. She did this trip though : )

The job that she booked was awesome! They put us in a hotel so she would get good sleep for the filming the next day. It was fun to get to miss work and spend time with her. She told me while we were laying in bed that night that she loved this, and that she hoped she could get more jobs that we could spend time together and have girl time. It really was neat. And I just kept thanking God the whole time on this trip for the blessings we've experienced. I was just so extremely greatful!

Her call time for the job wasn't until late afternoon the next day, so we slept in! Around 11:00 I finally decided I should wake Mckenna up and she told me to go back to sleep, that it was still nighttime. I think she was a bit confused because it was SO dark! We slept so good because it was so cold and the bed was comfy and it was really dark. I was surprised she slept in that late. I finally got her up and we found an IHOP...we went to eat in our pj's there.


Mckenna ate pancakes and macaroni and cheese : ) I think it's so funny how she circles the things she wants and draws X's on the things she doesn't want


We showed up to the job and she thought it was so cool that she had her own trailer.




Kenna and her on set Daddy

All in all, it was an amazing time. She did SO amazing. I don't think people know how much hard work she puts into acting and how much she loves it. She was on set for a long time and was so well behaved. Sometimes I forget that she is only 5 years old, because she is so wise beyond her years. I am just more and more proud of her everyday....I feel so so so so so lucky to be her mom!


We headed back pretty late. We had the hotel for one more night, but I had to get back to work : ( I know someday that won't be the case! Hopefully! She was so happy because the director let her take home some of the things that her on set room was decorated in.


She loved the little animals so much that she brought them for her last day of Kindergarten. I took this picture looking through the window of her classroom.

I couldn't believe that it was her last day of school today...it was sad. She asked me to bring her sushi for lunch. I was off today and so I was able to.


Lunch time with Kenna!

After her lunch, I went home. I needed to clean, do laundry, edit pictures, etc etc...but I took a nap. I just couldn't stay awake any longer! I felt so good to sleep! I picked Mckenna up and we went to Braums after school (our thursday tradition). I can't believe that tomorrow is already Friday. These past two weeks have flown by! Ross is continuing to study...he took a break and took Mckenna to the gym, giving me time to do some updates on here! I need to start cooking dinner, so that's all the updating for now!

0 comments: