Sunday, May 6, 2012

The beginning of the end.....

Wow! What a week! We have been on the run! My boss was out of town, so I was responsible for all of the surgeries this week...on top of that, it was Ross's last official week in the medical school classroom! I had to rely on the help of my mom and Mema this week a lot because of working, which always makes me realize how thankful I am...my family (both sides) are SO supportive and helpful when I need them. Some weeks their is absolutely no way I could make it through without their help. I feel so humbled and grateful that they are here for me. Mckenna had so much fun spending time with her great grandparents this week...they are both retired now and she loves them so much. She spent time over there planting flowers and playing outside with them..when I came to pick her up she had my poor Mema on a treasure hunt all over the place...lol! She even had a map drawn out for her to follow I'm so thankful that she will have these memories of her great grandparents.

Mckenna's map she had drawn for Mema : )


My surgeries start so early, so many times I have to have Mckenna stay over at my moms so that she doesn't have to wake up really early. Lately, Mckenna insists that she doesn't want to stay over their without me, so I have been staying there too. We had to spend 3 nights there this past week, which isn't always easy...I feel like I've been living out of bag the past week! Between my work, laundry, shuttling Mckenna around to auditions and jobs, trying to cook dinner, keep the house clean (I majorly failed at that this week), trying to spend lots of time with Kenna, etc, etc, I haven't had much time to myself. I'm looking forward to a day of doing nothing and worrying about nothing...although I don't think that day will come till after June& Ross's Boards. He had to travel to West Virginia for the National Ortho conference this past weekend and was elected Vice-President of the National Student American Ostepathic Acadamey! So exciting : ) While he was gone, we kept busy. Kenna had a runway show this weekend and then she got to spend time with Lolli and Papa glow in the dark bowling. All in all, this week was absolutely crazy. But as is life. A little glimpse at our week....these are the GOOD/FUN parts of the week...I'd rather not re-live the stress : )


Modeling a toy kitchen

Taking a break to play with all the fun props on set!




Kenna got 3 inches cut off her hair this week, she really didn't want to get her hair cut because she wants it long like Rapunzel she says...but it really needed it! It looked so cute afterwards!

At dinner together...poor Ross got home from school and crashed...he was sound asleep when we got home, so we went out to eat and brought him home a box of food. She is such a big girl here...she's reading a script she is learning for an audition and she asked the waiter to bring her root bear in the wine glass so she could be like me : ) lol

Made time to see the new pirate movie this week! Mckenna enjoyed it, but it was not one of my favorites!

At Lubys! We were in Dallas a lot this week and we drove past a Luby's sign...Mckenna said she heard that place had good jello and begged to go there! She now says it is one of her favorite places to eat! I was cracking up the whole time we were in there, she was telling all the ppl that worked there that she had been dreaming of eating a Luby's her whole life!

Papa was in town this weekend and we went glow in the dark bowling with him : )




At the runway show

And the mouth situation.....she is still LOVING bugs...just another example of what I'm dealing with. If you look real close, I am eating breakfast and drinking coffee next to a both in a wine glass...haha! Their are random bugs (both dead and alive) all over the house!

Kenna and her sweet friend Gracie : )

Whew! I get tired just thinking about this past week...although it was  alot of fun too. I don't know what I'd do without my sweet girl and all the fun things I get to do with her when I'm not working. I'm so proud of her and Ross both. Mckenna definetly has his work ethic and will to succeed. It's kind of bittersweet because in the coming weeks we are nearing the beginning of the end in many areas of our lives. Ross has his last test of his second year of medical school tomorrow and then it's study study STUDY for step 1 of his boards. This test is extra stressful, because the scores determine what kind of doctor he will be. I know God has such big plans for him and I'm so so thankful that I've had the honor of watching him live out his dream. It's crazy to think that he is almost half way done! Kenna is gearing up for Kindergarten graduation this week : ( I can't believe she will be starting 1st grade! She has been practicing very hard memorizing her lines for the ceremony and learning songs. I know I'm going to be a sobbing mess. We will be packing up the house we have lived in for the past two years and finding a new place to live. Lot and lots of changes and new beginnings in the next couple months. But together, we are ready for anything!

0 comments: